Welcome to the Climate Tech Handbook's Mini Course!
This mini-course will help you find:
- A climate solution that fits you
- An organization working to solve it
- A job offer that is right for you
- Success your first 90 days of working
Why do climate tech jobs matter?
The harsh reality is:
- We are 5 years from reaching a global temperature of 1.5 degrees Celsius (or 2.7 degrees Fahrenheit).
- We need to reduce greenhouse pollution by 50% before 2030 and 100% by 2050.
- We are already experiencing millions of deaths per year and billions of economic damages thus far. Each year this number is increasing.
Despite this, though, there is still hope. Currently:
- There are more than 4,000 companies solving the climate crisis.
- Many of these companies are always hiring.
- Hundreds of billions of dollars are being used to solve this problem, and much more is coming!
Task 1: Complete the Climate Crisis Venn Diagram
Complete as much of the Venn Diagram as you can. If this mini-course will have taught you anything by the end, you will be able to complete the circle: What work needs doing? We will remind you to circle back to it once you have found the right solution to work on.
You can complete this in a document or on paper. Be sure to keep it saved.
Climate Action Venn Diagram - by Ayana Elizabeth Johnson